Showing appreciation when someone contacts you for work or assistance is essential if you want to create a good rapport with others in your professional community.
However, using “thanks for reaching out to me” over and over again can get dull.
That’s why we’ve provided a list of synonyms that you can use to change up your language!
Other Ways to Say “Thank You for Reaching Out to Me”
- Thank you for contacting me
- Thanks for getting in touch
- Appreciate you reaching out to me
- Thank you very much for your email
- Thank you for the information
- Appreciate the message
- Thank you for making contact
- Appreciate the call
- Thank you for contacting us
- Grateful that you reached out
- Thank you for your correspondence
- Thank you for getting through to
- Thanks for touching base
- Thank you for getting a hold of
- Thank you for getting into communication
- Appreciate you getting in contact
- Appreciate you being in communication
- Thank you for communicating
- Thank you for engaging with
- “Thank you for reaching out to me” is grammatically correct and suitable for professional correspondence.
- To keep your work emails varied, you can use “thank you for contacting me” as a professional alternative.
- “Thanks for getting in touch” can be used as an informal alternative.
Don’t go anywhere! In the next section, we’ll show you how to use our favorite formal and informal synonyms for “thank you for reaching out to me” in some examples.
After that, we’ll consider the correctness of the phrase “thank you for reaching out to me” in professional settings.
Thank You for Contacting Me (Formal)
If you’re not sure how to thank someone for reaching out on an application, for instance, a good way to come across professionally is to say “thank you for contacting me.”
Firstly, this phrase is formal and respectful, so you can use it when engaging with a recruiter or if you’re networking on job sites such as LinkedIn.
Secondly, it can be used in response to inquiries from clients or colleagues.
“Thank you for reaching out to me” is perfectly appropriate to use in business correspondence or any of the situations mentioned above. However, you can use “thank you for contacting me” every now and then to mix up your language.
Finally, let’s see a few email examples using “thank you for contacting me” below:
Thank you for contacting me about this opportunity.
I would be keen to discuss the details of the job further at your convenience.
I thank you for contacting me regarding this concern.
We take these complaints seriously and will investigate the matter immediately.
Cameron Arnold (HR Department)
Thanks for Getting in Touch (Informal)
“Thanks for getting in touch” is a great example of how to say “thank you for reaching out to me” informally.
In addition, this phrase is a polite response to someone contacting you for whatever reason and can be used in your exchanges with team members at work or outside of the office as well.
That being said, we wouldn’t recommend using this phrase when speaking to someone with whom you have had no prior engagement. In fact, “thank you for reaching out to me” would be the preferred choice when engaging professionally with someone new.
However, “thanks for getting in touch” is suitable for colleagues or other people with whom have a close relationship.
Finally, consider these example sentences to see what we mean:
Hi Rebecca, thanks for getting in touch with me so quickly!
Hi, John. I’m afraid I won’t be available today, but thanks for getting in touch!
Is It Correct to Say “Thank You for Reaching Out to Me”?
It is grammatically correct to say “thank you for reaching out to me.”
Moreover, this phrase works well for professional communications. Therefore, you can use it if you’ve been contacted by a client, colleague, recruiter, or potential employer.
In short, while our list of synonyms will help you change the wording in your emails to avoid repetition, it isn’t essential that you use them.
Additionally, there are many ways to alter the phrase “thank you for reaching out to me” to suit the context of your email exchanges. Consider these alternatives, for example:
- Thank you for reaching out
- Thanks for reaching out
- Thank you for reaching out to me regarding this opportunity
- Thank you for reaching out to me about this opportunity
In conclusion, “thank you for reaching out to me” is grammatically correct and suitable for professional correspondence.
If you find our list of synonyms helpful, feel free to bookmark this page for future reference!